Saturday 4 January 2020

Europcar credit card skimming?

It has come to my attention, a lot of you guys are complaining about Europcar, saying you have damages to the car after it had been inspected by one or more employees. This I will look into further...

I have had emails from folks, in France, Germany, Sweden, And this was sent this morning..



This just in.. Via express newspaper UK 

"EUROPCAR has been accused of overcharging customers for repair costs for as much as 300 per cent after Trading Standards launch investigation. Car rental company Europcar has been accused of overcharging customers for their services. They have reportedly been overcharging customers for the repairs of the vehicles"


I shall keep you all updated. 



6 comments:

  1. By Robert..... This year I rented a car through Expedia which got me an Advantage car rental really cheap at Glasgow Airport this year. But it turned out I had to get it through Europcar which I was avoiding. I had to tell the office man many times I didn't want anything extra, then I had to initial some items. It had taken so long that I stupidly did initial it all and it turned out it cost me an extra $400. Stay away from Europcar or completely study anything you have to sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Marriana.. Always take all round photos of any car you are hiring.
    It may take a little time, not to mention inconvenience to the car rental rep. but it could save you a lot of money. And don't forget the door lock scam, always a winner for the rental company. What a bunch of thieves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems its something that needs to be looked at world wide, if you ask me.. Stop using them, that way they will get the message...

    ReplyDelete
  4. By Pierre.... I rented a car in north Paris, I showed the guy who took me to the car that there was an extra scrape on that car, he said he would inform Europcar. I wasn't charged for it until a couple of months later then my credit card company said they had already paid them so I couldn't get the payment stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A whistleblower also alleges that staff were paid for reporting damage to returned hire vehicles, whether or not it existed

    ReplyDelete